We take our obligation to protect the privacy of your personal information seriously.
Your personal information will be treated in a secure and confidential manner in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
When you use Optimist Post, we receive information that may directly or indirectly identify you (“personal information” or “personal data”).
- individuals that register to attend our marketing or corporate events or receive our marketing materials (“Marketing Activities”),
- third-party sources such as data brokers, publicly available sources, and our partners,
- our subscribers’ personnel who register to use our Services (including through our Services user interface dashboard registration forms on our Websites), and
In this Policy we will explain:
- What types of personal information Optimist Post collects and how it is used.
- How Optimist Post collects your personal information, including whether personal information is collected automatically.
- How long Optimist Post retains your personal information.
- How and when Optimist Post shares your personal information with others.
- How Optimist Post protects your personal information.
- What choices and rights are available to you regarding the use of your personal information, including how to access and update personal information.
- How personal information submitted to our Services or collected through our Services on behalf of or at the direction of our subscribers is treated.
- How to update your communication preferences.
- Whether children under the age of 13 are permitted to use our Services.
1. What types of personal information does Optimist Post collect?
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on which of our Websites or Marketing Activities you use. In general, we may collect information that identifies you, information about how you use our Websites, and the information that you create while you interact with our Websites.
Information that we collect from you may include the following:
- Information that can personally identify you, such as name and email address.
- Information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites, and your use of our Websites.
- Information that you provide when you fill in forms on our Websites.
- Information that identifies you in planning and hosting corporate events related to our Marketing Activities.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses, Facebook and Twitter handles), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Websites or related to orders of our Services.
You also may provide information as a contributing user that is published or displayed (hereafter, referred to as “posted”) on public areas of our Websites, on the Optimist Post Community site, or transmitted to other users of our Websites or third-parties. Your user contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk.
2. How does Optimist Post use my personal information
Optimist Post uses personal information that you provide to us to deliver content on our Websites, plan and host Marketing Activities, and to provide our Services.
We may use this information in the following ways:
- To present our Websites and their contents to you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites.
- To enhance the experience of using our Websites, Services, and Marketing Activities.
- To manage your access to the Services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights that arise from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To notify you about changes to our Websites or Services.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To communicate with you about Marketing Activities, which may include promotional information.
- To send promotional information and other communications regarding our products or Services.
- To create a list of actual and prospective users and subscribers for our products or Services.
- To assemble statistics regarding the use of our Websites, product or Services.
- To prevent fraud or abuse.
- To comply with any legal or regulatory obligations.
- For any other purpose we describe at the time we collect information.
- For any reason you engage us.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
3. How does Optimist Post collect my personal information?
Optimist Post may directly collect personal information you provide us in the following ways:
- When you complete forms on our Websites, such as registering an account, subscribing to a Service, or posting a comment.
- When you create an account to use our Services or create a new user for that account.
- When you complete transactions through our Websites, such as fulfilling an order for our Services.
- When you perform search queries on our Websites.
- When you post messages on our Websites, either in public areas or directly to other users or third-parties.
- When you use our publicly accessible blogs.
- When you contact us outside of our Websites, such via email, Facebook or Twitter.
- When you request assistance from our Support team.
- When you respond to surveys we ask you to complete for research purposes.
- When you provide information that will be posted on public areas of our Websites.
- When you transmit information to other users of our Websites or third-parties as a user contribution.
- When you register for or attend our Marketing Activities.
Third-Parties and Data Supplementation
Third-party sources we may use vary over time, but have included or may include:
- Data brokers from which we purchase demographic data to supplement the information we collect.
- Social networks when you reference our Services or grant permission to Optimist Post to access your data on one or more of these services.
- Our partners with whom we may offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our Services, or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Publicly-available sources or data in the public domain.
Examples of the types of personal information that may be obtained from public sources or purchased from third-parties and combined with information we already have about you, may include:
- contact information about you from third-party sources to verify your address so we can properly prevent fraud or communicate with you, or
- data purchased from third-parties, such as social networking sites and conference attendee lists, that is combined with information we already have about you, to create more tailored advertising and products.
We are not responsible for the accuracy of any information provided by third-parties or third-party policies or practices.
4. Does Optimist Post collect personal information automatically?
As is true of most websites, Optimist Post gathers certain information automatically as you navigate through and interact with our Websites. This information helps us to improve and personalize our Websites, Marketing Activities, and Services, as well as prevent fraud or abuse. This information may be gathered and stored in log files.
Information that we collect from you automatically may include the following:
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses,
- Internet Service Provider (ISP),
- browser type,
- referring/exit pages,
- operating system,
- date/time stamp, and/or
- browsing actions and browsing patterns.
5. How long does Optimist Post keep my personal information?
Optimist Post may retain your personal information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. For instance, we may retain your personal information during the time you have an account to use our Websites or Services, or as agreed in our subscription agreements, and for a reasonable period of time thereafter. We also may retain your personal information during the period of time needed for Optimist Post to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
6. When and how does Optimist Post share my personal information with others?
Optimist Post may share your personal information with certain third-parties. This sharing is based on our relationship with those third-parties, your consent, or legal or contractual obligations that require us to share such information.
We may share your personal information that we collect or you provide as follows:
- To contractors, service providers such as Stripe and Intercom, and other third-parties we use to support our business. These entities are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and can use it only for the purposes for which we disclose the information to them.
- When you create an account on our community forum. Please note that the information you share in public areas of our Websites may be viewed by any user of our Websites.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Optimist Post’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Optimist Post about our Websites users is among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Websites of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process (such as a subpoena), to investigate fraud, including responding to any government or regulatory request, lawful requests by public authorities, or to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other subscription agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Optimist Post, our subscribers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Optimist Post may disclose aggregated statistical data that does not contain Personal Data with third-parties.
You may login to our Websites using a sign-in service such as your Facebook profile, Twitter account, or Google profile. These services authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-in form and collection of your personal information may occur as a result of login to our Websites using these sign-in services.
7. How does Optimist Post keep my information secure?
Optimist Post will maintain appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect your personal information from accidental loss, unauthorized use, alteration, or disclosure. Although we implement and maintain security measures that are appropriate for our business activities, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
You must also make sure that your information is safe and secure. We are not responsible if you circumvent any privacy settings or security measures on our Websites. Even if we give you (or you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Do not share your password with anyone. Please be careful about giving out information in public areas of our Websites, for example, community message boards or forums. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our Websites. We cannot control the actions of other users of our Websites with whom you choose to share your information; as such we cannot guarantee your contributed information cannot be viewed by unauthorized parties.
8. What choices and rights are available to me regarding the use of my personal information?
Right to Delete Personal Information (“Right to be Forgotten”)
You have the right to request deletion of personal information we hold about you and we have the obligation to erase your personal information, where:
- the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed,
- you withdraw consent on which the processing is based and where there is no other legal ground for the processing,
- you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing,
- the personal information has been unlawfully processed, or
- the personal information has to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in the European Union or a Member State law to which Optimist Post is subject.
If you want to request removal of your personal information from our Websites or Services, you can login to the appropriate Website or Service and contact us through the Support Center, or you may send us an email at the address noted in the Contact Information section above. You can also request closure of your account. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know that we are unable to do so and why.
Where you have provided us with your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. You can do this by writing to us at email@example.com
Right to Submit Complaints or Report Abuse
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in your country of residence, if you consider that the processing of your personal information infringes applicable laws.
If you need to report abuse, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Websites and Services that are California residents to opt-out from the disclosure of your personal information to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, you can login to the appropriate Website or Service and contact us through the Support Center, or you may send us an email at the address noted in the Contact Information section above.
Please be advised that where California State residents opt-out from permitting their personal information to be shared, such individuals may still receive selected offers directly from us, in accordance with applicable law.
9. Subscriber Data submitted to our Services or collected through our Services (on behalf of our subscribers)
Optimist Post subscribers electronically submit (or cause to be submitted) data to the Services for hosting, indexing and related processing. Optimist Post processes data only as provided in our subscription agreements with our subscribers, such as our Terms of Service available
As subscribers (or in some cases their internet clients or end users) control the data to be processed, Optimist Post’s network, platform, and Services may be used as a conduit for information.
The use of personal information collected through our Services at the direction of our subscribers shall be limited to the purpose of providing the Services for which the subscriber has engaged Optimist Post.
Optimist Post maintains administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect data submitted to the Services, including personal information.
Subscriber Data Retention
Optimist Post retains the personal information we process on behalf of our subscribers for as long as needed to provide the Services to our subscribers and in accordance with our subscription agreements. To the extent not deleted by our subscribers, Optimist Post may also retain and use certain personal information for a reasonable period of time thereafter as necessary to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
10. Children under the age of 13
Our Websites and Services are not intended for children under 13 years old. No one under age 13 years old may provide any personal information to or on the Websites and Services.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years old. If you are under 13 years old, do not use or provide any information on our Websites or Services including on or through any of their features, register on the Websites or Services, make any purchases through the Websites or Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Websites or Services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 years old, we will delete that information without undue delay.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 years old, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Information” section above.